This delightful homemade Crock-Pot applesauce recipe is only 3 ingredients!
The to start with time I manufactured this wonderful selfmade applesauce, I believed it would be a lengthy, laborious procedure involving smashing 25 apples by hand or anything like that. I was OH so erroneous.
My friend Cristina shared this easy Crock-Pot recipe with me decades back. When I asked how she built it, she was all, “Oh I just toss the apples in a pot with some cinnamon, it is fully straightforward” and my brain was BLOWN.
I had no plan! So I did a minor analysis and identified she was absolutely right. (Not that I did not imagine her of study course.) You can make it even easier than I did — examine out some of my recommendations later in the submit.
Here’s the recipe I use in my Crock-Pot – I toss it all in and appear house to applesauce.
3 component selfmade crockpot applesauce
10 to 12 apples — peeled*, sliced, cored
1/2 cup sugar*
This post could contain affiliate inbound links for your convenience.
The 1st stage is the only a person that requires time – peeling, coring and slicing up the apples.
This a person is called the Peelota. Ha! I don’t think they’re produced anymore, but this apple peeler is beautiful and will hold up even greater than my plastic one.
It would make speedy work of getting the apples cored and peeled.
You do NOT have to peel apples for applesauce! It will convert out just as scrumptious with peels intact.
I just reduce the apples in fifty percent from the major. If you do not have a peeler, you are going to want to slice them up or lower into massive chunks.
What apples are very best for applesauce?
Pretty much any apple is good! It depends on your desire — sweet or tart?
- If you like tart apples go with a Granny Smith.
- I like sweeter sauce so generally go with an apple like Jonathan, Fuji, Gala or Honeycrisp.
- Softer apples will cook up a lot quicker — types like Golden Scrumptious, McIntosh and Fuji will make the method go faster.
- Mix two or a few kinds in do-it-yourself applesauce for wonderful taste!
Red Delicious apples will not warmth perfectly and will not turn out as perfectly in applesauce.
I insert a few dashes of nutmeg much too — YUM!
The unique recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar, but I come across you can use significantly less and it is really just as mouth watering. You may well not even want to include it — style exam the applesauce a couple hours in to see if you want to incorporate some sweetness.
No need to stir although cooking — just pile them in, place the lid on and set the Crock-Pot to cook dinner on large for four hrs.
We like it chunky (name that film) so I phone it done soon after about 4 hours. Enjoy yours to see when to just take it off of the heat:
It is particularly scrumptious warm suitable out of the slow cooker. It is like a dessert actually — have you ever heated up your applesauce?
Versions on this handmade applesauce recipe:
- Incorporate far more spices to give it a bit of a kick — clove, allspice and my nutmeg addition are all best.
- If it really is also watery for your taste, pressure the juice and maintain for apple cider. (Increase brown sugar, prepare dinner for a couple of far more hrs and then pressure.)
- Make this recipe significantly quicker with a pressure cooker!
- If your little ones like to “dip” their food items, consider it with cinnamon graham crackers.
And not way too terrible for you either!
What to do with additional applesauce:
- If you allow it preserve cooking and insert brown sugar, you can conclusion up with apple butter!
- Try to eat with vanilla ice product for a scrumptious dessert. 😋
- Pile on warm crepes or waffles.
- Use it to make donuts or apple bread (exchange the pumpkin in this recipe with applesauce).
- Jar the applesauce for wonderful slide or holiday break items.
- Use it as an alternative of apple slices in my awesome Mountain Dew apple dumplings!:
There you go – have I blown your mind? Or all you all, duh Sarah…it’s entirely quick.
I genuinely had no idea. Now go get some apples and cook dinner it up! You will thank me. 🙂